Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Farmer Jr.'s Thanksgiving Song

My son had a guitar a few years ago and truly wanted to learn to play it.  But, they were still young -- his sister especially -- so it got tucked away for awhile.  Then, one day while being curious, his sister broke it.  :-(

I thought that would be the end of that.  Every so often, Farmer, Jr. would mention how he'd really like to have a new guitar.  Or, the comment would come up in conversation with his sister about how she broke his guitar.

When the Teenager started bringing his guitar over and 'jammin' for us, it ignited this passion again.  Only, Farmer, Jr. was even more serious.  So Mom went out and got him a really nice, REAL guitar, small enough for him but still large enough that he can grow with it.

My brother will be giving Farmer, Jr. lessons when they come out.  So far, Farmer, Jr. knows one cord he learned and practiced on Christmas:  The cord of "A."

Last night he got out his guitar to practice for a few minutes.  He and Lil'Gal then came to me to preset his lyrics and playing skills. [Lil'Gal was the dancer to the music; spinning around with a scarf, too cute!]

Farmer, Jr. has been working on holding the strings and trying find/make-up more cords.  Without further ado, I give you Farmer, Jr's Thanksgiving song. :-)


One day on thanksgiving, I saw a turkey,
but it ran off. 


So I got my 4 wheeler and started driving off to get it. 
I shot an arrow at it, and it made it run.


But it landed right on my barb-b-Q pit.
so I lighted up my lighter and lighted up my barb-b-Q pit;


and that turkey fried.


It..... Was....... A....... (he hit the high note) GOOOOOD THANKSGIVING!

I guess you had to hear it with the music; it made more sense and rhymed a little smoother! Ha!  I just took it down as he sang.

I see a STAR in our future!  LOL!  Happy Hump-Day; remember to put some Diggity in it!

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. that is SUPER cute!! Wish you'd videotaped it!

Em

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Em, next time I will! This was impromptu last night!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

LOL, Em is right, it would make a great video! I can just picture it, Lil' Gal dancing and Mason singing & strumming A over and over again. :)

Labels