Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's My Drama

And, my Drama is not your Drama or your problem. And, why should it be? I'm sure you have enough Drama of your own. Don't we all?

We all have troubles and tribulations in life. Sometimes it is the little things like an unexpected (are they ever expected?) flat tire, or a school project that we half-heartedly volunteer for. Or, our personal drama can be with our spouses, our children our family -- Life/Death.

And, your Drama is none of my d@mn business. Not that I don't care in a good way but sometimes I think as people we get too caught up in other people's drama when they don't want our opinion. Mind you, our opinion might be right, we might be able to hit the nail on the head. But, it doesn't matter. It's not our life to decide/judge/question/try to lead.

Not our Drama. At least not mine. I think I retaught myself a lesson this holiday weekend. How to mind my own drama a/k/a life and try to let others deal a/k/a live out their own.

Who am I to set the standard of performance for others? Just because "I" think this should be done this way or that doesn't make a rats @$$ to someone else. The only standard of performance that I am responsible for and, I might say qualified to set, is that for my own life.

If someone wants to send their child to bed with chocolate milk each night (without a second brushing) that is NOT my life, my problem or my drama. If someone wants to spend every nickel, dime and quarter on all things shiny, possibly even tossing their loose pennies aside -- not my drama. If someone wants to cheat on their spouse (I highly dis-commend [FW word] this notion) but... Not my child, not my life, not my husband or my wife, and not my money. Not my business; not my Drama.

If someone wants tattoo their who-ha or pierce their thinga'majigger? [OW! True.] That's not my Who-ha or thinga-you-know and not my Drama. Let them endure/enjoy it.

If someone chooses to smoke cigarettes? Well, I don't like it. It's smelly. But, so long as they keep it out of my personal breathing space then it isn't for me to love or hate. I have a slight enamoration (did I just make up another new word?) for spirited beverages and there are those who have an enamored distaste for such indulging. So long as I'm not endangering them with my partaking then not their drama.

I just want the world to be happy. And, when I find myself falling into a rut about "This and That and Him and Her and Why and Why Not and the ever selfish Whoah-is-Me" I kick myself in the pie. My Drama is not anyone else's. It's mine alone. Don't bring down the fantasies of everyone else, just because my dome gets a crack in it now and then. [Making note to God to send in those winged guys to fix that, as it is slightly obstructing my heavenly view.]

I just got tired of the internal whining. So I had to tell myself to pull up my big cowgirl boots and walk through all the Sh!t. There are some things I just can't fix. There are some decisions that aren't mine to make. There are some things that being internally angry about or sad about doesn't help. I'm gonna' have to roll with the punches, roll over the humps and bumps and deal with the life and death.

And as I often do, I've found my way to appreciating each little happy and each little joy, avoiding the urge to resonate on the negative and allowing myself the occasional need to live in a little denial.

That is my Drama. I'll keep to my own and let you have yours. I pray that in each day you find your way to add some Happy to your Drama.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Knight said...

Well put. I guess I needed to hear that as well. I can only set the standards for myself.

Anonymous said...

My husband recently convinced me to let go of my drama that was leaking onto others. And you know what? It feels good to just let it go.
I'm going to come back and read this again when I am a MIL.
Right now, with one off to college and another on his way (I hope!), I'm trying hard to let go and let them be adults without sticking my nose in it all the time.

PS: "Dis-recommend" ... I like that. :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Thanks y'all; my intent isn't to soap box but to humble myself. I mean, who am I? Right? ;-)

KC, I can only imagine letting them go off and out on their own. My brother is only a freshman in high school and he has had so much 'drama' of other people telling him what his career choices should be.

The boy is pretty smart and on the right track. I told him not to worry about the rest; take their advice 'under advisement'.

My biggest struggle is trying not to be an overbearing child. ;-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

well, yeah, good reminder to MYOB isn't it?

Labels