Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's Up Doc?

Little sleep last night.  Feelin' pretty bright and shiny today, though. :-D

First I was trying to finish the last 75 - 100 pages of The Time Traveler's Wife.  And, Hubby fell asleep [immediately/instantly/before his head sunk into the pillow] and began snoring.  And, the snoring became unbearable so I left to the couch and finished the book.  It was a good book, but it left me lacking for a little something.

[Editor's Note:  This post will read like it is turning into a book review post, but it isn't.  Just bare with the next paragraph because I had to finish the thought.]

I think I just never grew the attachment to the characters like I did in Dear John -- which left me heart wrenched.  FYI, if you have seen Dear John, the movie, and have NOT read the book I am obligated to tell you that the movie is sheer CR@P compaired to the book.  Hollywood ruined the author's vision and the story totally lacked the luster and emotion that the book instilled.  After having read Dear John I was left with such a hole in my heart that I was afraid to pick up another 'good' romance novel for months.  The entire summer in fact.

Which is why I found myself thrown into everything True Blood, vampire, smut and typically happy endings but with paranormal characters of all species, fighting and action, and of course, lots of debauchery and immoral self-indulgence.  All the fun and none of the heart wrench. :-D

I will end with the fact that I think considering the style of the writing and the type of story TTW told, that the movie will mean more to me.  I'm actually excited to see it but ruled myself to read the book first. 
So having finished the book, I turned off the flashlight.  And, I lay there.  And, nothing happened other than the faint disturbing sounds of the Snore Factor.  At this point in time it was after midnight and too late to partake of any over the counter sleep remedy.  So, I opted for a glass of wine and the kindle.

I fell asleep after 1:am and woke at 4:am for a short stint and then at 6:30 GASP! to start the day...

[Editor's Note:  Here's what this actual post is about.]

On the way home from dropping the youngin's at school this morning I clicked the radio to XM 80s.  And, I hear this:



Dont'cha just love that song?  Takes me back to the good movies like Pretty in Pink and Say Anything...  Mollie Ringwald, Andrew McCarthy, Duckie, Jake (he was in another Molly Ringwall movie), Mannequin.  Ah, those were the days of flamboyance!

And, then the name Peter Cetera crossed my mind.  Remember him???



And, this guy!  What ever happened to him? 



So that's what's up around the castle today.  I'm headed to tread-the-mill double time since I've missed two days and my legs are making me pay today.  But, I'm happy to say that the 5th book in Larissa Ione's Demonica series was just released and already in my hot little hands (because I pre-ordered!).  And,  my four book series ebay steal came in Saturday!  So, I'm set!

Then, I'm going to have to force myself to finish the little article I claimed from Demand Studio as it is due today.  And, if I'm smart, I'll pop open my books from my writing course and get an early start on my next assignment -- since my summer haitus is about to end and I'll be back on deadlines.

So, Happy Tuesday!  Sounds to me like I'm living a full one.  Hope your's is full too.  Of blossoms and sunshine and fruit scented butterflies!



Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Peter Cetera. He wasn't my favorite because blonds never were my thing, but I loved the old Chicago albums (and yes, I still have them despite not having a way to hook the old turntable up to my stereo system).

I prefer books over movies. I just finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Have you read that?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Kc, Peter wasn't the best looking but the music was so good.

;-)

Memory Keeper's Daughter, I haven't read it but I'll have to look it up!

;-)

Kristi Faith said...

I will have to read Dear John because the movie left me feeling like a big chunk was missing. :)

Hope your week goes well!!

Super Mom | Maternity Belly Bands said...

This is my first time to visit your blog and I actually like it. I have a knack in searching for blogs related to Tummy Tankz.

Labels