Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Friday, July 29, 2011

EATING MY WORDS...Chillin' on a dirt road...



When I first heard this song I fell in love with it IMMEDIATELY. Until 40 seconds or so in when Jason Aldean started speakin' this talk that just didn't fit with such an intro and beautiful chorus. Seriously. Why couldn't he have told the story (in the lyrical parts) like George Strait? Why go rap-rap it up when the chorus is so wonderfully, country divine?

The two just didn't fit, IMO at least.

Originally, I cursed this song and then forgot about it. Until, the Country Music Awards. Maybe it was the AMA - same thing, two different shows - either way, I watch'em both.

Some guy named Ludacris (maybe I should know who this guy is but, hey? I, FW, can only be so cool)  pulled the rappin' part off rather well, but then isn't that his venue of music?

And, at least his being there makes sense as he raps it up to Jason Aldean's new song.

(But, I'm still trying to figure out why Kid Rock was the announcer (again). I do like Kid Rock but I just don't find him quite befitting the CMAs.  [Does he bathe? Or, wash his hair? Just askin'.])

Here is the CMT awards video, if you are curious:



I found myself changing the channel in the radio only to hum the chorus over, and over, and over, and OVER again. Literally waking for that middle-of-the-night visit to the restroom with that chorus in my head.

I love the lyrics. Completely. Here's just a few below:

Yeah I'm chillin' on a dirt road
Laid back swervin' like I'm George Jones


An ice cold beer sittin' in the console
Memory lane up in the headlights
It's got me reminiscing on them good times


I sit back and think about them good old days
They way we were raise in our southern ways
And we like cornbread and biscuits
And if it's broke 'round here we fix it



After days and evenings and nights, and actual weeks of humming it, hearing it my mind and my brain I found myself looking for it. I even YouTube'd it. While publicly bashing it, I found myself a closet listener.

And, then. Finally, I *GASP* purchased it on iTunes.

I KNOW, RIGHT?! Does that make me a traitor to traditional country music? Or, am I an open minded and well-rounded country music lover? Have I been brainwashed by the local country music stations into thinking I like it? Subliminal messages probably play across my LT saying "Buy that song, buy that song, you WANT that song."

Am I a hypocrite?

Whatever the reason I, Farmer'sWife, do officially own the download and enjoy listening to "Dirt Road Anthem". Rapping and all. There. I said it. I've purged.

Happy FWFD of the weeeeeeeeeeek! [You mine as well give the song a listen, while you are here. Just sayin'.]


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Labels