Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The in and outs on one foggy morning

Howdy Bloggers,

It's a fine but extremely foggy Tuesday morning. They are calling for 'dense' fog tomorrow and Thursday. If what is outside my windows currently isn't dense then the next two mornings are going to be even scarier drives into town to the kids school campuses. Though, once I get over there it won't be so bad. But on these back country roads, never knowing who might be coming from the other direction raises my level of anxiety.

It is really eerie when the fog is like this, pretty much hovering at my front door and back door almost taunting me to let it in. *shiver* You can't see past the window and I feel like we are isolated or in the twilight zone. *insert sound track* nee-nee-nee-nee




It kinda looks like this guy ---------------------------------------------->>>


See? Scary.

And, I have to go out and battle my way through him with my children this morning and the next two mornings after. *extreme dislike*


So those of you who follow me regularly on Facebook know that I signed up to substitute at the school district where the kids are now attending. I've spent a lot of time volunteering and being generally involved and I'm lucky to be able to.

There is a training in February and after that I think I'll be good to go. It'll be kind of fun and being in the school system puts me in the know, ya' know. The kids are thrilled with this new turn of events. :-)

On that note, I received a call months ago requesting that I attend a parent involvement conference at the local conference center. They are actually bussing the parents participating to the facility where the conference is to be held. I declined the bus ride explaining that it was closer for me to drive myself.

This is apparently a pretty big deal because they are feeding us there. And, I think I get a T-shirt. You know it is a big deal when they give you a T-shirt and a free lunch.

Tomorrow I am actually attending the 'pre-conference conference' which is supposed to apprise me of what I need to know about the actual conference. When I signed up for this (well again, they called me directly and requested my attendance) I didn't realize what a big deal it was going to turn out to be.

But, my curiosity and interest are totally peaked. So, I'll keep you posted on how it goes and what I learn am coerced into signing up for. :-)

I have a half written children's book review I need to get up. I'll hopefully finish that and post later this week. Other than that, my living room is filled with half folded and hung laundry. And, my counter tops are cluttered with school folders and to-do lists. Clutter annoys me so I'll have to get to that soon. But again, it won't be today.

So it was nice blogging with you. I've enjoyed our little visit, especially seein' as how I'm not getting to chat regularly - though, I'm trying. I've been better in 2012. Time to wake the youngins' and prepare them for fight against the fog on our way to school. Wish us luck.

And, Have a Great Tuesday!! Smile and the Whole World Smiles With You! [Isn't that what they say?]


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drive carefully in all that fog!

Labels