This morning I got to school with the assignment to inventory the tickets sold for the school chicken bar-b-que this Friday along with counting money to be sure it all came in correctly. Second to that was to figure out how much chicken/potatoes/beans/bread, etc, etc. we'd need to pull this thing off.
Thirdly, WonderMom and I sorted through the couple of hundred books we had received and/or brought in for the school's book swap schedule for a week from tomorrow. We also discuss the rummage sale which reminds me that it is now dry enough for me to go to storage and pull out wonderful
Geeze, I forgot how much stuff we hoarded over there. Needless to say, my SUV is full of some money earners for the sale. The sale is set for the Saturday a week after the rummage sale. That way, in addition to the book swap party, we have the week to clean, sort, price, etc items for the rummage sale.
Then it comes to mind that I need to make some desserts for the side table bake sale we are having at the bar-b-que as an extra money earner too. And, did I mention that the kids are going to run a lemonade stand and dessert bar themselves at the rummage sale? They need to be involved, after all, since this is all for their school -- right? This is WonderMom's thinking anyhow and I agree
BUT, guess what else? Almost everyone who plans to assist at the bar-b-que has expired Food Handler's licenses, including myself. YIKES! So, add that to the list. Luckily, we can now do it online and save a trip and hopefully some time. It had better not be a timed test where you have to wait through each section. That's all I've got to say.
Meanwhile [like the country music song] we are working to get some flyers printed and put up about the rummage sale, as well as the LARGE sign about the bar-b-que since we are ordering and preparing enough stuff for 'at the door' plate sales as well.
So as of now, with most of the laundry done and sorted and put away and the dish washer running, this is my list for this week:
- Schedule notary job that came in via email a few moments ago (Mama's mad money)
- Food Handler renewal (online)
- Pick up bread, gloves, straws for the bar-b-que
- Make desserts for bake sale at bar-b-que
- Make potato salad for 400 plates (a concerted effort by several of on Thursday)
- Get flyers out for the rummage sale
- Collect outstanding tickets (and $$?)
- Make invitations for Lil'Gal's birthday party
- Make Farmer, Jr.'s "Mudge" costume for book swap party
- Find some time (daily, would be a dream) to work on my 'a story to tell' writing project
- Prepare for Teacher Appreciation week as it is coming up in two weeks
- Sign up volunteers for the barb-b-que/rummage sale/teacher appreciation week
- Get an extension from my writing course as there is apparently NO WAY I can in any way keep up with that too. *sigh*
Then what is left is you know, the usual. Make sure everyone in the house has clean socks and undies on when they leave the house each morning and be sure they all eat decently, homework is done, and extra curricular activities are attended.
Whala! Not too much, huh? Eh? Yeah, I'd like that pause button back please. ;-)