Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Monday, April 19, 2010

PAUSE, Please.

Life overbooked, how does that happen from a Sunday afternoon to a Monday morning?  [I know, I know, if I'm so super busy then what am I doing wasting precious time typing up in here....  I'm venting, kay?] ;-)

This morning I got to school with the assignment to inventory the tickets sold for the school chicken bar-b-que this Friday along with counting money to be sure it all came in correctly.  Second to that was to figure out how much chicken/potatoes/beans/bread, etc, etc. we'd need to pull this thing off.

Thirdly, WonderMom and I sorted through the couple of hundred books we had received and/or brought in for the school's book swap schedule for a week from tomorrow.  We also discuss the rummage sale which reminds me that it is now dry enough for me to go to storage and pull out wonderful crap trinkets and items to donate to the rummage sale.

Geeze, I forgot how much stuff we hoarded over there.  Needless to say, my SUV is full of some money earners for the sale.  The sale is set for the Saturday a week after the rummage sale.  That way, in addition to the book swap party, we have the week to clean, sort, price, etc items for the rummage sale.

Then it comes to mind that I need to make some desserts for the side table bake sale we are having at the bar-b-que as an extra money earner too.  And, did I mention that the kids are going to run a lemonade stand and dessert bar themselves at the rummage sale?  They need to be involved, after all, since this is all for their school -- right?  This is WonderMom's thinking anyhow and I agree nixing my control freak, don't let the kids do it alone, attitude, LOL!

BUT, guess what else?  Almost everyone who plans to assist at the bar-b-que has expired Food Handler's licenses, including myself.  YIKES!  So, add that to the list.  Luckily, we can now do it online and save a trip and hopefully some time.  It had better not be a timed test where you have to wait through each section.  That's all I've got to say.

Meanwhile [like the country music song] we are working to get some flyers printed and put up about the rummage sale, as well as the LARGE sign about the bar-b-que since we are ordering and preparing enough stuff for 'at the door' plate sales as well.

So as of now, with most of the laundry done and sorted and put away and the dish washer running, this is my list for this week:


  1. Schedule notary job that came in via email a few moments ago (Mama's mad money)
  2. Food Handler renewal (online)
  3. Pick up bread, gloves, straws for the bar-b-que
  4. Make desserts for bake sale at bar-b-que
  5. Make potato salad for 400 plates (a concerted effort by several of on Thursday)
  6. Get flyers out for the rummage sale
  7. Collect outstanding tickets (and $$?)
  8. Make invitations for Lil'Gal's birthday party
  9. Make Farmer, Jr.'s "Mudge" costume for book swap party
  10. Find some time (daily, would be a dream) to work on my 'a story to tell' writing project
  11. Prepare for Teacher Appreciation week as it is coming up in two weeks
  12. Sign up volunteers for the barb-b-que/rummage sale/teacher appreciation week
  13. Get an extension from my writing course as there is apparently NO WAY I can in any way keep up with that too.  *sigh*


Then what is left is you know, the usual.  Make sure everyone in the house has clean socks and undies on when they leave the house each morning and be sure they all eat decently, homework is done, and extra curricular activities are attended.

Whala!  Not too much, huh?  Eh?  Yeah, I'd like that pause button back please. ;-)

Happy Monday!


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Jay said...

Is that all you've got going on? Pffffft ... I did more than that before 8 am today.

No I didn't. haha ;-)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Oh yeah, I've had days/weeks like that. I don't even want to start making a list of everything I need to do this week. I'm just gonna take one day at a time.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

I was wondering about your writing course, but then I saw it on the list. ;-)

We're already thinking months ahead to summer and filling our weeks, which is starting to stress me out a little. And summer is NOT supposed to be a stressful time.

You should see my desk at the moment - papers galore. Bridget has kindergarten registration on Thursday, and I haven't even filled out her papers. I only just made it over to the pediatrician's office today for a copy of her immunizations.

I'm slacking!

PS - Don't forget to set aside 15-20 minutes to read the last chapter of Crossroads this week!

Anonymous said...

holy cow. I'll never make a good mother. eesh. you make me feel pessimistic about having kids because I'll never do it as well as you!

Em

ps, how often do you DO laundry, anyway?

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Let me introduce you to this new fangled tool -- it's called the "no" button.

Comes in very handy.

I will *never* forget an essay I read in the book "Simple Abundance" about a woman who comes down with breast cancer and says, "Thank God, I can now say no to requests" because it gave her an excuse.

*That's* what it took for her to say no!

Your life is more important that being run ragged, and that's what the schedule is doing, and you are allowing it.

OK, enough tough love, good luck with everything.

XXOO

Krishna said...

i don't know how you do it. i'm tired just reading this.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Wow. First, what Harry said struck a chord with me, because I have a friend dealing with BC right now, and she was run ragged prior to being diagnosed... years ragged, really. But she doesn't have the energy to fight this disease like she needs, because she was already worn out.
So I agree with Harry, it doesn't hurt to say "no" sometimes. I've gotten better at it myself!

And yes, I've got a busy week, so I know how nuts you are feeling. I'm tired reading your list!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Saying "No" isn't the problem; it's the lack of assistance or other volunteers.

Someone has to do it -- and quite often -- it falls to the board [I'm Secretary] and WonderMom.

I'm pooped and still another ten full more "I'll be at the school almost all day every day" days. Then the May, end of school year, usual spiral!

Labels