Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

70s Flashback-- Rod Stewart

So, it seems I've been doing quite the many music flashbacks here lately. It's good to remember when, though - eh?

Anyhow, I seem to pay most attention to the 80s and 90s and primarily the old rock from those decades.... Well, some is rock but others have been pop or new age or whatever they call it when it isn't classic, country or rap but also not true rock.

Anyhow, I found myself in the mood for a little Rod Stewart this late afternoon/early evening. :-)  It takes me back to when I was truly a kid.  Funny what I remember when I hear these songs.  I won't break out names or the bust factor but I will say that I recall many adults experimenting in all that was the  70s *wink-wink* and some of y'all know exactly what I'm referring to.

I remember one time, when I was VEEERY young and I was running around my uncle's house (the eccentric one; he's a true genius but with that comes some, well, eccentricities in his persona, LOL!).  Anyhow, I was young enough that I must have half way dressed as I recall running around into the living room in my undies and no shirt [wait a minute, is that where Lil'Gal gets it?  Nah, I'm very inhibited about any form of exhibitionism.]

Said uncle did the 'come here' motion with his hands and as he squatted down to pick me up his 'lit' cigarette burned my chest to the Northeast of my (then non-existent) chee-chee.  Um, OW.  Yeah, and as I recall that memory the record player was playing "Do Ya' Think I'm Sexy!"  Ha! Ha!

Oh, I have other vivid memories from visits with that uncle.  Like the time I was blamed (being older) for writing on the inside walls of the playhouse he had made for my cousin (his daughter); of which he made a couple more to sell.  [She told me it was her playhouse and she could write in/on it if she wanted to.  Who was I to argue with her at the time?]

And, the time he lived in this awesome house but for whatever reason (this is SOUTH TEXAS keep in mind) it didn't have air-conditioning.  Whaaaaat?  Me and my cousin got extremely sunburned in the pool and at night, rather than sticking to the sheets, we camped out in the cool of the pool water until we about passed out where we sat/submerged/floated.

I found the actual music video for this song but -- of course D@mn them! Why do they do that the embedding was disabled by request... Pblft.




This song gets in my head and I'll sing it over and over and over again, out loud, in my head, and humming from the purse of my lips.  I love this song.



But this one.  This is my all time favorite.  Every heart break, every heartache, well you know.  The first cut is the deepest...



Always try to love again <3; Happy Hump-day.  I sure hope you put a little diggity in it.  Afterall, this is the very last October 6th, 2010 you'll ever experience.  Make it worth it!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Great minds think alike: I was playing "Mandolin Wind" last night!

Unknown said...

Something about Rod Stewart gives me the heebie-jeebies. Probably not a fair assessment on my part, but I can't help it!

Labels