Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall in South Texas (photo shoot)

Howdy y'all!

We went to my MIL and FIL's ranch this weekend to enjoy the absolutely God given beautiful weather.  Crisp but not overly cool, sunny, light breeze on occasion...  Hubby and Farmer, Jr. also did a little dove hunting with a friend and my BIL and nephew. They had a blast!  

Anyhow, here are some shots:


The cows coming in...  (I *heart* cows)


Pretty tree....


Here donkey, donkey, donkey...


Now that's some serious bull$h!t !!


That's not a leaf; it is a grasshopper.  If you zoom in more you can see the legs and all.  He hop-flew away after I took this.


See the tan cow?  She's looking at me.  Everywhere I went, I would find her looking at me.  In the morning Lil'Gal and I were playing in the yard and low and behold this cow stood by the fence and just stared at me...  Oh, and see the black cow next to her?  They are running buddies.  Because wherever I saw the tan cow (watching/stalking me) her BFF was just a few feet away.


Papa built a floating pier for fishing...  Everyone knows Farmer, Jr. is all about fishing...
[And, farming, and hunting.]





Lookie, a cow AND a windmill (y'all know I *heart* windmills too!)


And, the boys!  My BIL a/k/a Big S as named by Lil'Gal several years ago, my nephew (a fellow tractor die-hard like Farmer, Jr.), Farmer, Jr., the Hubster -- and dinner!!!  [Lil'Gal is hanging out behind Big S.)

Isn't that a handsome bunch?!


With that it is time to tend to my duties!  Happy Hump-Day!

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Jay said...

That's a really beautiful place.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Thanks Jay! My FIL has worked real hard for a long time to make it so pretty up there (of course, God had a hand in things too)...

The last two pics were taken at a friend's FIL's place...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

omigosh, and what a beautiful pond too!!!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I thought your in-laws were just up the road from you?
Great place!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

KC, they are just through the field from us. But, they have a Ranch up about an hour from us.

It's so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lovely!! All that open space . . . now that's peaceful. Hubs would love to move to NYC. I told him that's fine, but we'd have to go our separate ways. I need my space, and even our acre of land feels cramped to me.

Labels