Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Monday, June 16, 2008

RAMBLE-BAMBLE....

Yeah, I drafted a long bloggie post last night. But, I knew that the emotion behind it probably left it needing a re-read before posting it. I was right. It was a great post. But, maybe too heavy. I saved it for my journal.

Anyhow, obviously, I've been a little shaken. Life does that to us sometimes. It hurts really bad when you try to offer and open hand full of concern, compassion, and support -- only to have your fingers snapped off. I don't have to be a nice person. Sometimes I hate being a nice person. It's so much easier to be a Bitch.

I feel.....snake bitten. And, the toxins are taking their sweet time as they are slowly expelling from my mind and heart. Sheeze, it's a long process though.

But, I hear that song in my head, "I will Survive!" I know I will. I know that I am a good person, a good friend, understanding, reasonable, and rational.

I am a wonderful Mother. I am a good, loving wife. I am fair. I respect and trust my feelings, my instincts, and I stand unwavered as I trust the choices and decisions I make. I AM SURE OF MYSELF. And, that is a wonderful place to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT SAID.....

Thanks to the few of y'all that posted me a place to find a laugh. A little chuckle and giggle did me good. I still want that snorting, crying, pee-in' on myself laugh. Man, those are a high? Right?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO,

the Tinkerbell party I did for my friend's daughter (and my daughter's friend) went really well! I think everyone was pleased. The only thing that might have improved it, is if we all weren't sweltering in 100+ heat index, mugginess. It was HOT! But, hey. That's summer in South Texas! Oooh, and I made me some $$$monies too! Whoo-hoo!

I was giddy with how well the cake turned out. I left the pic full size if you wanna' better peek.



And, Father's day was a great day too! Oh, shout out to all the Daddy's out there! Y'all rock! We had the family over here for a Father's day dinner and we grilled talapia and flounder and had lots of great sides.

Summer is great, all in all. The kids and I have enjoyed leisure mornings. Sleeping till we wake up. Of course, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. Made the rounds. Played musical beds and drifted in and out of dozing sleep. But, we all layed in till almost 8:00 a.m.

I've made time for myself to read more than a magazine. The kids and I read. We make trips to the library. We are scrapbooking. I'm going to watch soaps and fold my laundry. I'm going to enjoy my life and my kids today. I'm locking the gate to my Castle and locking out the rest of the world.

Today is our day. Happy Monday!
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Cake!!! You did a great job!!

Hang in there Angel!! You can weather any storm!! Yeshua will always guide you!!

SEe ya around Angel!!!!

Ne

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Thanks cinder-single! You bring my "Happy" back!

Anonymous said...

Having lived in San Antonio, I can assure you that the mugginess mirrors the east coast. UGH.
I had me some 100+ humidex myself last week. Upstairs. In our non-A/C working bedrooms. (We slept in the basement.)
Today is cooling thanks to the multiple T-storms rolling through. Still have power, but nervous about committing to baking anything in the oven for supper...

Anonymous said...

oh, and cake is cute!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

kcinnova...since your power is still up and hopefully your freezer is working well, maybe you could try making popcicles (instead of heated baking) :-)

Hang in there!

gary rith said...

I suppose this is the time of year when snowy northern New York seems pretty heavenly with sunny and 70s-80s....you people can tease me when I complain in January...
man, WHAT A CAKE.

Labels