Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Sunday, June 14, 2009

38 inches???!! OH YEAH!!!

Did I catch your attention? Hubby left at 4:30 this morning to go fishing with the Fishing Guide. Right before they were about done, Hubby played tug-a-war with this big guy! He's tagged and hubby is going to have him mounted to hang on the wall. Our deer and bobcat need a little company! LOL! This guy is a 38 inch red fish and weighs in at 21 pounds! The only bad thing about mounting him on the wall is that we don't get to eat the meat..... This is what makes him extra special...two spots. Most redfish only have one spot. The more spots the more rare and unique the fish. Another reason to display this guy on our wall. :-) My Daddy and my Uncle are going to flip when they see these pics! Kids were thrilled, obviously! Way to go Hubby! You rocked the boat today, didn't ya!!! SMOOCH! What are you going to bring in today from your cast out into life? ;-)
Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure is some 38 inches, my friend!

Lisa Samples said...

Do you eat it?

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Absolutely! Red fish is wonderful. It's meatier and thicker; more steak-ish of a fish. Unlike trout which is light and fluffy.

I don't fry red-fish. I prefer to bake or grill it due to its wonderful texture. :-)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Fiber One:

Man, I have never seen a fish that big (at least one that was caught).

Best part abount mounting the fish? No scaling and cleaning!

:-)

gary rith said...

that fish is BIGGER than Farmer Jr??????? ;-)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Oh, my poor BIL would be having a heart attack! Haven't you ever heard of catch at release!

Just Kidding. I amn with you, though, the bad thing is you don't get to eat it. I've never really heard of red fish but I haven't met many fish I didn't like.

Jay said...

Great Googly Moogly! That's a big fish!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

FYI, Y'all, "The Fishing Guide" is a friend. This was not a "Paid, Guided trip". This was a lucky day out on the sea for three men and a boat. :-)

g-man said...

Holy guacamole! Can you get your taxidermist to make it articulated and sing funny songs? ;)

Nice Catch!

What does the tag say? Do you have to report catching it?

Anonymous said...

How fun! Biggest fish I ever caught was a 9lb. Gar but that was fun since it was on an ultra light rod and reel. I love to fish and envy you guys!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

That is a huge fish! Congrats to your Farmer!

Labels