Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring has Sprung in Farmville :-D

This week the temp highs have bet en in the high 70s to 80 degrees.  It is sunny, warm and beautiful outside.  My house is lit up by natural light. And, the a/c?  Yes, it is running.

Easter will be here in just a few days.  This is Holy week, end of the lenten season.

So, here are a few things I love to celebrate about Spring in South Texas:


The oak trees are blooming with bright, lime green leaves.


Plush, green grass!  So soft and fresh....


Beautiful, blue skies.  Not a cloud in sight.


Crops!  Growing!  Green and happy.... (You gotta' click on this pic to see how pretty it really is) ;-)


Our investment towards our annual income.  Everyone loves investments and everyone loves income.

I love driving the kids to school and passing tractors, planters, rogators, highboys, big trucks pulling nurse tanks, and all the machinery it takes to sew the seeds in the field.  I love to watch the fields as they roll by, the seedlings breaking through the crusty ground, reaching for the sky.

The way the rows flow, seedlings stitching the crop to the ground and sewing Spring slowly into Summer.  That's the best way I can describe it.  Because that is exactly how it looks.  Driving along the back roads, the rows of little green buds popping up in a pattern as if a sewing machine put them there, quilting the land.

When the cotton is in and up, I'll have to post pictures of that.  When the seedlings first break through, they each sprout one little round leaf.  All lined up in a row, they look like an army of little men saluting the sun and the sky.

So, take a peek outside.  What do you see?  Do you see Spring coming your way?  Ahhh, this is my favorite time of year.  I feel alive again.  Awakened.  Like a newly birthed butterfly, drying my wings in the breeze and the warmth.  I'm a flower blossoming from a bud, that grew from a bulb, that was once protected deep in the dark beneath fall and winter.

Spring has Sprung. And, I LOVE it!  :-)

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Jay said...

Well, they just spray painted the grounds here. LOL

Okay, it's actually a fertilizer that looks like green spray paint. Everything will be super green very soon. Especially the golf course.

Unknown said...

Isn't it lovely?! It finally feels like spring today - sunshine and sixties!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Gosh, it is magical, a miracle, and, yes... religious to me... This time of year awakens me and brings me back to life.

And, I truly think I am a child of the sun....

The Queen said...

I have flowers blooming and my first vase full of them in the house.. whoot whoot been a long winter!

Dez said...

I just love looking at those newly planted crops arising! Spring also means, for me, the beginning of BEACH TRIPS! Farmer Jr & Lil Gal, you ready???!!

Yellow Beads said...

I am so jealous of your green grass...our yard is suffering. We had the WORST winter ever in Orlando and our grass is dead...don't think it will come back!!

Labels