Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Burnt' Toast


So, I burned the toast this morning.

Yesterday was one of those days that start out great like a slow peaceful ride at the theme park, until you turn the next corner and realize your on the wrong ride and THIS ONE has the fear inducing flips and drops, and by the time you get off your adrenaline has your heart beating out of your chest and your stomach is lying on the floor in front of you.

So, today I woke up fresh and new. Today is a new day. A day to do things better, and make up for the "oopses" and "crap-Os" of the day before. Today, my heart will beat at a normal pace and my stomach will remain within my abdominal cavity.

{Siiiigggghghhh} I burned the toast. And, burned toast has a way of staying with you all day long. The smell lingers as a constant reminder that you were flippantly irresponsible. I was watching it ever so carefully and then? Within' a the click of the second hand on the clock -- it went from soft bread to black burning squares of charcoal. Not even a browning warning. From fresh to BURNT.

I did not give up though. I quickly raced to the door to expel the charcoals and their smoldering stench outside, and I tried again. This time, I did not burn the toast. It's was quite pleasantly crisp and tasty. So, today will be better. Today, I will succeed magnificently in all things.

Although I am a good hour behind my schedule of errands for the day, I resolve to myself that today....will NOT BE a Burnt' toast day.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Krishna said...

YUK. don't you have a toaster?? Hopefully your day was good!

R.E.H. said...

I had one of those mornings this morning. Didn't even get my breakfast, as I had to get to work - and then my car was covered in icy snow that wouldn't come off.

I was not in a good mood when I reported to work, I tell you ;)

Labels