Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Thursday, October 1, 2009

HomeMade Breakfast Pockets

This morning I tweeted/FB that I was making homemade breakfast pockets for the kids. I received lots of tweets and several requests for the recipe. As most of y'all know, I try really hard to feed the kids a hot breakfast 5-6 days out of the week. (Okay, Sunday's we have tacos at the local Jalisco so I don't get credit for cooking that day; Saturdays are cereal and 'fend for yourself' days). :-)
This is a really simple recipe and most of this can be prepared the day before to speed up the process.
HOMEMADE BREAKFAST HOT POCKETS
1 can of 10 count buttermilk biscuits (generic work just fine)
2 cups grated cheese (I use cheddar and jack)
3 - 4 eggs, scrambled
diced ham (or breakfast sausage, mix it up) :-)
Floured surface
The eggs may be scrambled the day before. And, the ham may be diced in advance. Or, if using breakfast sausage or bacon, these can be cooked in advanced also and stored in fridge. I often bake up a whole batch of 'bacon' and keep it on hand for breakfast meals, etc.
Flour a surface to roll out biscuits. I use wax paper because it makes my morning clean-up a snap!
Place two biscuits, stacked together, on floured surface. Flip in flour a few times so they don't stick to your rolling pin. Roll out to the size of a tortilla; flipping a few times while rolling.
Place open on a non-stick sprayed baking sheet.
Down the middle place some scrambled eggs, diced ham and top with cheese. Fold the two sides together toward the middle, and then tuck the ends. Lay seam side down on baking sheet.
Bake at 400 for about 7-8 minutes. Sometimes the biscuit won't quite brown on the top so I flip it about a minute before they are done. If you wanted to get that fancy color, you could brush with butter -- but that is more mess, time, and fat.
Take out of oven and serve.
TA-DA! And, you feel like a Super-Mom, Spouse, Chef
I DID take pictures, but didn't realize the memory card was still in the reader and not in the camera. Luckily, I was able to snap up those at the end.
TIP: The great thing about canned biscuits is that they serve as instant dough. I often make pizza pockets in the same manner. Just spread a little spaghetti sauce on the rolled out biscuits. Add hamburger meat, sliced pepperoni, cheeses (and for me, lots of jalapenos), seal, bake and enjoy!
Kids and hubby LOVE these! Ya' just can't go wrong.
You might also want to check out THESE simple recipes for breakfast too! ;-)
Happy Thursday, almost FWFD of the week!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Jay said...

Those look delicious. I think I would put sausage, eggs AND bacon in mine.

The Queen said...

This looks so good..

Labels