Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Thoughts (from Saturday)

I was dreaming and I can't remember much except I was jogging (back to somewhere) on the beach and I passed "Said Hot Guy who in my dream was known to have the best demeanor ever making him Mr. Perfect" and he said something and I said something and he was going to catch up with me. But, first he had to close up some part of where ever I was running back to.
I think in my dream he was some compilation of actors and characters that fit my dream persona guy. Anyhow, the tide came in and it rose quickly (as in seconds) up to over my head. I can swim but not as quickly as I can jog.
Said Dream Guy swam by and drew me onto his back to swim clear of the ocean wave floods. The next thing I knew, we were back in the building/s where I was originally headed too (a mystical and extremely luxurious castle type place) and as he continued to swim/glide through the air I found myself ever so peacefully comfortable and fell asleep with my head resting on his shoulder.
Then, the phone rang. "Honey? What are y'all doing?" Me, "Still sleeping?" Poo. :-D
Anyhow, yesterday was another great day. Lacking frustration and animosity and floating in all things good.
Yesterday evening, we celebrated my FILs 70th birthday. 70. Can you believe it? Though, you wouldn't really know it or think it if you knew his personality. 70 can be SO young. I've mentioned it before, I have the best MIL and FIL in the whole wide world. Really and sincerely.
Anyhow, my SIL put together pictures and made a fabulous cake (like she did for Hubby's b-day surprise). We all wondered if he'd be somehow alerted to the fact that we weren't just going to dinner last night. But, he wasn't.
We arrived and I was lucky enough to herd the kids in to the room quickly enough to see his surprise that there were a multitude of old friends all there for just him. He was touched. Everything went well. A wonderful get together to celebrate 70 years with a wonderfully loved person.
Hubby and I did a little toast to Dad. It was a wonderful evening.
So, this morning is our church bar-b-que fundraiser. I took advantage of the fact that there is no CCD today and slept in with the kids. Hubby was out the door at 5:30 to start cutting meat. Thus my great dream beginnings and the call that cut it short, LOL!
Kids have some make-up work today before we go up for the white elephant sale, fun for kids stuff and the auction. And, I need to shower so I can fix my new doo. Yep. Got a good hair cut yesterday but as the stylist said (and I already knew) I have to work with my hair. This sleeping on a wet head and expecting something glorious -- or at least decent and unflat in the morning -- is a dream I can no longer achieve.
The weather outside is glorious! GLORIOUS! Just perfect for a Sunday.
Here's a thought shared at Stacy's Random Thoughts:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile...
There were some really cute pics too; you might wanna' check her out for a little optimism today.
I hope there is some SUN in your day today, even if it doesn't shine down from the sky ;-)

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Labels