Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tricycle Races :-D

So John Deere Dude and the Missus say that there is an event happening today (in support of a good cause; a cat refuge -- cool place too! You wouldn't believe the construction and the play areas for this place) and they say -- "they have fun stuff today, brats and crout, cold beer and tricycle races."
Me: Really? I bet they aren't just for the kids. I bet they have them for the grown-ups too! I mean, there's beer -- and it's a fund-raiser thingie. [Big smile crosses my face.]
I bet I can win. ;-) I can still tricycle with the best of them you know. That's a perk of being 5'4 and 108lbs. I still fit on a trike pretty tight! [Okay, I sit on the back step but still; I have a definite advantage.]
I'd be out practicing right now on the drive, except the kids left the Radio Flyer trike behind my old SUV and the tire was smashed and unfixable. I guess I could try the Flying Turtle; you know, to get my legs and arms in the swing of things. :-D
Remember those? Flying Turtles:
So, I shall be taking my camera and my generic HD flip-cam and maybe be posting some video of me triking across the finish line.
Happy Saturday! Oh, and it's an Octoberfest thingie too -- so, I could dress up all German. (Un-Perk: I don't fit into those skimpy German Bar Queen corsets so well anymore. Poo, no free admission for me.)

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

SSC~ The Domestic Diva said...

Have fun!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

LOL you gotta be really careful when you type "triking" because otherwise, you would be "tricking" your way across the finish line, and that's a whole other thing.
:-)

kcinnova said...

Too, too much fun! (I'd skip the active racing and just cheer you on from the sidelines with my beer and brats.)

And I wish I had internet back when my kids were younger. I TOTALLY would have bought a pair of "turtles" for my boys!

Labels