Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Friday, January 1, 2010

It's a brand new day; and year!!

So, Happy New Year!  2010!  I love the sound of that, twenty-ten is so much better than two thousand nine, don't ya' think?

We typically stay in on New Year's Eve; our home is too far from any vicinity to be imbibing and then driving home.  Plus it is dangerous.  And, we have kids.  And, well, we are lazy, I guess?  Ha Ha!  Hubby usually never makes it to midnight and I typical ring in the New Year with a glass of wine or some spirit while watching TV or something like that.

Last year Sweet D and Uncle J came out last minute and the Teenager was here.  We visited, shared some champagne, my stuffed jalapenos and other good NY eats.

This year we invited Wonder Mom and her family (it's her birthday and she hasn't really celebrated in years since the little Tornado was born.  Naw, he's not really a tornado -- he's adorable). :-)

Miss Les and her little Diva came out for a visit yesterday and we played some scrabble with a glass of wine.  They didn't have real big plans either so I was like, "Hey, call the Hubby and y'all just hang out here!"  Hubby came :-)

Sweet D and Uncle J came out for awhile before another shin-dig they were attending.  Les, Hubby and Little Diva left around nine.  WonderMom and I continued the party; vodka shots and all (I know, we're too old for that, LOL!)

Anyhow, we all had a wonderful time.  WonderDad, Diva's Dad and Uncle J were designated drivers so the ladies could play :-). [Thanks guys, we really had fun!  Y'all rock!]

All in all it was a fabulous New Year's Eve.  Hubby woke with a slight headache.  I should have woken up feeling like crap. But, I didn't; I feel fabulous!!!  Thank goodness I inherited some tolerance from my Daddy, Ha! Ha!  [I really should have felt like crap; everyone knows I enjoy over-indulging] ;-)

So, I am ready to take on 2010.  I am excited about all it will bring.  I have plans.  I have wonderful family both in-law and out-law (he he).  I have true friends that ya' don't have to prove yourself too and you don't always have to do the right thing.  They love ya' and will laugh with you at your screw ups; oh, and they'll help with the mess too!

The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to in 2010, is.....the return of second grade.  >:~(  [Insert grumbling]

Happy New Year!  May it bring everyone peace, joy, and prosperity.  And, maybe a little booze to go with?

:-D

Okay, game time with the Lil'Gal....  *sigh*  Didn't she get enough play time in yesterday?  Mama wants to do Mama stuff right now.  But, I'm the Mama so Monopoly Town, here I come....  Happy New Year!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

We don't normally do a lot for New Year's either. I usually don't stay up till midnight and this year was no different except I was exhausted from a day of potty training! I'm looking forward to 2010 too! No more diapers! Woo-hoo! Of course, we have to get the kid to use the toilet over her pants, but babysteps.

BSOB said...

hey - happy new year out there! it's a nice even number so it'll be a good one

BSOB said...

also, let me know when The Slush Bunnies' new album comes out. any bonus tracks?

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I've been working my way backwards to this point, so now I can say Happy New Year!
No drinking celebrations here... dh took a nap on the sofa while I read a book. Then we turned on the TV for the last 5 minutes so the kids could see the ball drop.
But we did have a number of Scrabble and Boggle competitions!

Labels