Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Monday, March 2, 2009

OH NO! Look What Happened?

Remember this?  That Gary, the fabulous potter, made for me?
Here it is in finality -- AWESOME, huh?  Yep, and that baby holds an entire 4 cup carafe of coffee along with creamer and a dash of (artificial) sweetener.
Look what happened.....
This is my all time favorite mug EVAAAAAH!!!!! I have been extremely careful with it. Down to the cabinet and how I load it into the dishwasher. The children know they must back away from Momma's pretty mug.... The Hubster knows this too. *sigh* I did it.... :-( [tear drop falls to floor....I stop to wipe it up...] Gary??? Can I fix it???? Is there any way to save the Rith Masterpiece you made for me????? Monday's, right???
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:*(

That pain is much worse than the chip that ds3 put in one of my GR dinner plates (he loaded the dishwasher too roughly--anything would have broken).
Because? I have 10 more nearly identical plates.

Anonymous said...

Now you know a fraction of how I felt when I didn't pack those three doggy bowls safely enough and all of them shattered. It's a tragedy, eh? And what REALLY makes it a tragedy (aside from spending the $) is know how much work Gary puts into making his pots.

BUT . . . you should be able to fix that no problem! That's looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective!

Jay said...

Super Glue?

Or you could just duct tape it. haha ;-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

eeeek!
our man Jay has it right, just glue it, but don't you have a second mug like, or maybe you gave it to a friend? Your chip there is the best kind, glue it and forget it. If it was the handle, you would have been out of luck.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Well, Gary, because you are so kind, I do happen to have a second mug. It's just noooot quite as tall, but it is my back-up and is used bi, or tri-weekly.

Still, I want to save this one. It has another place like that too I found this morning and a hairline fracture....

*sigh* What's the best glue and can it handle hot coffee????

Just Me said...

Ouch! Hope you can repair it. What a way to start the week. Mondays! Ugh!

Lisa Samples said...

Gary does nice work, cute cup...

Labels