Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's for DINNER TONIGHT!!! :-D


Photo by: Beth Dreiling
I haven't made this in forever!  This morning it just popped into my head.  And, I'm glad it did.  I have a notebook where I collect all those magazine recipes, etc. that we all tend to earmark or tear from their publications.  Then, we often lose track of them or forget about them all together.

I guess the notebook is what crossed my mind with the thought this morning of "What's for dinner tonight that I can make with hamburger meat?"  My original plan was Spaghetti and homemade mini meatballs -- but, I just felt bored with that.

Then, *BINK* a great idea!  So, for tonight I give you a new version of an old favorite!
PIZZA SPAGHETTI (Casserole) :-D



This recipe comes from Southern Living Magazine, March 2007's issue.  Of course, being the typical Farmer*sWife I am, I changed it up a little -- you know -- to make it my own!

Ingredients:
12 oz spaghetti 1/2 tsp salt
1 (1lb) ground beef 2 oz package of pepperoni slices (30)
26oz tomato pasta sauce (your favorite) 8 oz of grated cheeses
The actual recipe calls for ground pork instead of ground beef, turkey pepperoni, and also 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.  We no-like stinkie cheese around mi casa!  LOL!  So, I omit it.

Process:
Cook spaghetti with 1/2 tsp salt according to package directions.  Drain well and set aside. Brown ground beef in skillet until cooked and crumbly. Drain.
Here is where I change it -- for the better and easier too -- again, making it my own.
I cut some pepperoni slices into quarters and mix it in with the meat in skillet.  Add your pasta sauce and warm together, stirring occassionally.  Mix in cooked spaghetti.

Spray a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Pour in spaghetti mixture.  Top with cheeses (I like cheddar and monterrey jack) and finally with a layer of pepperoni.  Bake covered at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.  Remove the cover and bake a few more minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned or bubbly (10 minutes or less).

Remove from oven and let set about five minutes.  Then, serve with seasoned toast and a veggie!  YUM!!!  Oh, you can double this and freeze one for a great last minute meal with that home-cooked touch!
Hump-Diggity Good!  Happy Hump-Day!

Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Jay said...

That's pretty yummy looking!

I think I would make that. But I would probably spread some Parmesan on it. And maybe some sausage in there too. Beef, sausage and peperoni pizza spaghetti casserole? I like it!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

me and Jay will be over for dinner with a couple of cold 6 packs, OK?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm coming so save some for me! Hard to cook for one when I'm home and Hubby is on the road. I usually wind up with either salad, sandwiches or eating whatever casserole I fix for the whole week, ugh!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

Oh that does sound good ... I am in the mood to start finding some new recipes. Darn it -- I just finished the last of the 67 cents pepperoni I had in the fridge.

Krishna said...

gonna try this next week with ground deer!

Sir Almo said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you have Texas toast with this! :)
Wait, you guys don't like Parmesan cheese? My kids adore it!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so simple & gummy!!! I am going to try making this.

Yellow Beads said...

i am drooling!

Labels