Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Noodle brain



This is what my brain probably looks like. The dark areas are the holes left from my children's protrusions into my brain. Each protrusion is a question, a nag, a whine, a need, another question, another question....I think they are working toward mind control.

They are vexating me -- there are pillows and blankets strewn around. There are little crumbs of unknown and undisclosed snacking. There are pieces of paper. There are some toys "inappropriately left behind." The most horrid question I was asked today "Can I use the glitter? I knew the appropriate answer would result in mind stabbing whining of unhappiness and discontent.

It lasted quite awhile and she almost had me -- she wore me down and thin....but, just as I found myself almost giving in -- I found some strength from deep within me to fight off the urge to quiet this mind warping little vixen. How did she find the glitter? That's what I have to find out.

Lets go through some of these questions the children hounded me with ALL DAY. (Not necessarily in order, but any order you read them in will make my point):

Is it snack time? MAMA?! Is it LUNCH time? Can I watch a video? [argument ensues among siblings over what video to watch] Is it snack time? I didn't mean it?! Can I comb your hair? S/he took my [insert any noun here]! Can you take my picture? Can I take your picture? MAMA?! I'm thirsty. Is it snack time? Can I shower with you? Can I watch you? I wanna' eat something. What can I have to drink? I need a glue stick? What can I cut with these (?!uh-oh)? It was an accident....Come with me. Pleeaaase? Deal? [uh-oh, missed the preface of that]. Mama? Where are you?



So, this morning while the children were still calm and soothing themselves with cartoons I got to play around here a little bit. Sweet D has a great page and finally influenced me into going here. I'm still learning. But, I did get two play lists up and I even posted my "Taylor Swift" play list over there on the left somewhere.

I love Taylor Swift. She looks like my daughter -- only at 18 instead of 4 1/2 going on 18. The lips and hair. And, she sings well too. I some how feel attached to her -- since her first song. And, she writes all her own stuff. This is important to me in a musician. That's why I like Toby Keith so much. But anyone who knows country, knows George is the King. (And, you shouldn't have to ask which George either...but the other one is really good too).

r.e.h., I didn't copy you on the music thing. I promise. It just took me longer to figure out how to post it. Cuz' I'm not as whitty. (Reading aforementioned children notations will verify they have dulled my brain.)
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

captain corky said...

You seem to be good at dealing with queistons. Could you please answer this one for me? If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody's around, does it make a sound?

Thanks,
This one's been messing with me all day.

Jay said...

There's just no way I could have kids. I don't have the patience for it. Just one kid drives me crazy so I couldn't image dealing with multiple kids every day.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I gripe about my children but I do love them dearly. I don't remember what life was like without them...way less interesting, I am sure! ;)

Labels