Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thievery runs in the family....

Remember this post: Childhood Flashbacks: Silly Putty? Well, apparently, thievery runs in the family. Lil'Gal and I headed out to the local Super Wal-Mart because as mentioned in my previous post, I had told her she could spend her Christmas money from Grandpa. She was so excited that she was up and dressed at 6:30 and hovering over me, talking to me, picking at me and generally disrupting my sleep until I gave in and crawled out of bed. Luckily, Daddy sent me Christmas money too! And, I was specifically instructed to use it for "ME" and not on something "Practical." At first, I thought I'd use it to update those highlights I finally broke down and had put in my hair. (Yes, I know, they look good but then you have to keep going back to maintain them and it gets costly. No fair. It's expensive to be female with all the maintenance). So off we go to spend our funds! Lil'Gal shopped first and chose the Barbie Diamond Castle "Princess Liana" doll and the movie to go with it. Right within her budget. FYI, the princess doll was marked down to $10.00. After the holidays and all. Me? Well, remember how I was going off about Mamma Neena and how she got a flip cam and all? My Daddy sent me a big buckaroo! So, I went and checked them out. I've been wanting a little, simple video camera that I could use for vlogging and stuff. You know kid video blips, etc. AND, I can burn them to DVD easily and mail to Daddy/Grandpa so he can keep up with the kids growing up and all. [Still wondering about the thievery? It's coming, stay with me.] I didn't get the flip cam. I got the new one they just got in right after the Holidays and it was "On SALE" [sweeeeeet!] and it's "High-Definition." Plus, it comes with a mini tripod, rechargeable batteries and charger, the memory SD card, and a little carrying case -- all for the same price at the Flip-Cam! SQEEEEeeeeeeeee!! Thanks Daddy! [FYI, my Daddy rocks!] Lil'Gal was fabulously patient the entire 45 plus minutes that I was looking and comparing and grilling the helpful associate. So, I have my toy, she has her toys and we head off for the grocery section only to realize that we didn't bring the list so we are shopping blind. We grab up the few things we are absolutely sure about and blow the rest off because we are both giddy to get home and play with our toys! Lil'Gal insists that we do the "self-check" which I wasn't in the mood for but agreed because I didn't feel like a 5 minute ordeal of back and forth with a five-year-old. It was easier just to change registers. And, we didn't have to wait. Lil'Gal wants to see the sours while I'm checking out. She looks at them for awhile and then wants to see the gum. I remind her we aren't buying these. She confirms this with me and had "put one down" to look at the other. Then, she wants to see another one and at this point she can reach them and I'm busy with the clerk trying to get the register to take my battery coupon. We pay out and head on our way and Lil'Gal wants to ride in the cart. But, there's no room because I have a big storage bin plus all the other toys and groceries. I tell her to ride the front while I push. She isn't satisfied with this. Then, I realize she is walking funny and there is a square wad in the middle of her britches. WT....Oh, Nooooooo...... The lady has already highlighted our ticket and cleared us for exiting the store when I discover this. I reach in, against Lil'Gal's wishes, and pull out Double Mint gum, Dentyne, and something else, maybe the sours. GASP! I return the items to the lady who is still standing there, after a good scolding to Lil'Gal who is now crying a river of tears. She cries on the way to the SUV. She cries on the way to get lunch (we were both starved). She cries while I carry her into the eatery. She sits in my lap pouting and crying to herself. She is SOOOOOO ashamed. Finally? I have to tell her. I have to, right? So, I do. I tell her the Silly Putty story. *sigh* We sit there, commiserating together over our checkered past until our lunch comes. Then, we eat, we drink, and we leave merry. Ready to forget the whole ordeal and play with our new toys. Still? I find it quite foretelling that I had just shared my Childhood Flashback of my own history in crime just days before this incident occurred. NEE-nee-NEEE-neee......
Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

Krishna said...

OMG, I'm LMAO. I think my comment was something like "Remember, like mother, like daughter so keep you eyes open! "

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yeah, krishna, that does sound vaguely familiar. :-)

Dez said...

TOO FUNNNEEEE....... My poor little princess..... Be glad I wasn't there, cuz I would have tried to smother my laugh, and possibly comfort her!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. wow. well at least it ended well. I'm sure she's learned her lesson now!

Em

Prohomemaker.Com said...

LOL!!! How ironic. But you handled it with Mom Aplomb! Big applause from California!

Anonymous said...

Am I a fool, I started crying with her..bless her sweet baby heart. It is just something that humans do, like in our brain. Mine was a little plastic alligator key chain when I was 6, and I gave it back on my own. Then I told mama.

tt said...

I eventually had to 'share' with my urchins my sinful past. Ouchie!! Makes them feel better though...knowing that they're not alone in their screw ups.I had the same thing happen to sunshine gal and babyboy....it's a tuffy for sure.
Of course I blamed it all on Lovee...he was the family 'klepto'..:)...then he went into law eforcement...go figure. ha

Gary's third pottery blog said...

hey, my updater thing didn't work and I didn't know you have new post :(
OK, it is shocking that this happened right after you told your story!!!!!!! Holy cats! God moves in mysterious ways, huh?
She'll remember this shame. She's a good girl.
(now back to the first part of the post)
I think you were smart to do this shopping now, ten bucks for your daughter's toy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!! Hopefully this incident has nipped behavior in the bud! What is it about kids that age? *sigh* at least they usually have a strong sense of right and justice.

Labels