Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Domestic Housewife Thursday

So, here I finally sit allowing myself to "slack off" and check the blogs, email, etc. This morning I jumped back into my typical routine vs. jumping straight onto the computer first thing after dropping the kids off. I guess my few weeks of Obsessing with my new habit hobby are leveling out so that I can fit it appropriately into my regular routine, rather than it dominating my routine. So, the mad dash:
  • 5:45 a.m.: daughter arrives in bedroom and climbs into my side of bed.
  • 6:00 a.m.: alarm goes off, DH and myself crawl out of bed, daughter snuggles further under covers and expands in her new space.
  • 6:00:15 a.m.: DH turns on T.V. in bathroom to which snuggled daughter hollers out "no fair" as apparently, the T.V. was disturbing her slumber.
  • 6:00:15 a.m.: I putty crows feet, paint on face, put "curl iron" to taming hair, while DH give son the wake-up for "shower" call. Son, respectfully replies "no thank-you" and also further snuggles under covers.
  • 6:15 a.m.: I enter kitchen, set two cup coffee pot, pull out breakfast ingredients for bean and egg tacos.
  • 6:16 a.m.: Son smells food cooking and joins us in the morning routine of dressing, etc. Although, quite grumpily.
  • 6:20 a.m.: Daughter also arises....grumpily, to join the morning routine.
  • 6:45 a.m.: Hot breakfast served, kids are eating, hubby heads out after bran flakes, I clean-up and load dishwasher.
  • We continue in this routine until lunches are loaded in back-packs, socks, boots and pony tails are in place, and we are in the vehicle on our way to school.

Upon arriving home from dropping children at their place of education I jump into action:

  • Strip master sheets from bed, place in laundry room
  • Start laundry load, fill Bissell fluid tank with H20 and Pine-Sol. mmmmm, take in smell Pine-Sol.
  • Head to kitchen and clutter control counter tops. Clean Granite counter tops. Polish granite counter tops. Dust crystal.
  • Grab Swifter and swift under all beds; just did this three days ago but still completely amazed at how many "dust bunnies" find their way under there.
  • Break out Bissell and bissel (vacuum/mop at the same time -- love this thing) 3000 square feet of house.
  • During Bissell'ing of house, make son's bed (he forgot), make daughter's bed (she too, forgot), pick up son's bathroom, pick up daugher's bathroom, clean all their counter tops, and make trip to laundry room with all the "dirty launderable"items.
  • Switch laundry loads. Pile clean stuff in basket on cart, add sheets for master bed to wash (this way I don't have to fold them, I just re-make it with them now clean)
  • Bissell gets a "hiccup" and I have to clean filter and nozzle.
  • Continue to Bissell my path around house, stopping in Master Bath to polish glass shower walls (squigie didn't get all the spots this morning) and clean additional counter-tops.
  • Clean and dust dining chairs (full of crumbs and crud, left behind by children), look under table and disgustedly clean table feet.
  • As I round through the house I flip light switches so that each plate has switches all in the same position (you can probably guess why, but, I'll save explaining this for another blog)
  • Realize I need to clean all light switch plates...also, noticing base boards need dust/cleaning. HOW, we just moved in under two months ago. Add to list, under "Friday's to dos."

Take break to blog, read email, read blogs, etc. Now the dishwasher is beeping at me to come and unload it. After which, I will head out to switch vehicles with hubby (I get the BIG TRUCK today) to load children's old crib which I am selling to another mom from the school. Expecting company to "visit" and see house.

Just realized that tomorrow is "field trip day" and I am driving. So, Friday's list is now added to today's list. Dish washer is beeping and I have light switches to clean and some base-boards to dust. Oh, and I wanna' take a cue-tip to the vents. They are very dusty.

Oh what a happy day though! And, I got a work out in while I was at it! I'm a Happy Housewife!

(Did, I mention? It's barely after 11:00 a.m. Maybe tomorrow I'll share the "after school" routine J/K!)


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Krishna said...

OMG, I'm tired after reading that. You must be flying through the house at warp speed.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

It was one of those good days where everything just really flows. Love those days! (I didn't get the vents dusted though -- maybe this afternoon) :0)

Mama In Training said...

I love it! Great job. Yeah, my kids didn't have school (teacher conference) yesterday so I didn't get to clean anything in my house! Just maintain the current state of chaos! Your house looks GREAT. I cannot wait to see it in person. Nathan said it is beautiful. Hopefully we will be down soon and it won't be so rushed. Nathan thought the GPs were moving this week and that would be his last time to spend the night with them in their home. I'll be keeping up with you in your blog!

Labels