Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who caught my ZZZZZZZZZs?

So, I find myself turning into a blithering idiot. Soon, I'll be slurring upon waking [it's been quite awhile since my lack of rest has caused this, but I feel it coming]. I think I'm a sleep walk blogger, commenter, internet searcher, emailer -- I don't know this for sure but there are places in my "history" I don't remember going, LOL. Just be glad I'm not picking up the phone and dialing on "auto-pilot." [Again, LOL, I'm finding myself funny but something tells me it's just me and my lack of mental thought capacity]. Sure, I hit the hay early and am passing out on my way to the "barn." But, it's the midnight wakings that are zapping me. I'm loosing brain functionability and, by the way? I think I've also misplaced my "funny bone." Even now as I type this (trying to catch up for Monday's post, since I had not a creative thing to say --tis' not me, typically), I feel my fingers lazily trying to go back to sleep themselves. My kids woke up this morning: Daughter complaining she was "sick" and needed to stay home. Son crying out of sheer exhaustion himself (and it is only Tuesday). Meanwhile, I am frustrated with the fact that I have been awake since about 3:30 again. It might have been longer, but I tried to hold out on checking my watch for the time because then I really just lay there counting out sixty second minutes and then trying to see how close to correct I really am at each five minute interval. As I consider actually letting the kids stay home (I realize this again is lack a mental capacity because there is no way they can stay home today) I wonder if I could call in sick...or sleepy. NOPE. Mom is a 24 hour job with no breaks and no vacation. And, lately....no sleep either. Anyhow, I think I am rambling about nothing interesting....which is where my mind has been lately. But, If you find that I have emailed you or posted a comment ladened with idiocracy -- blame it on the theif who stole my ZZZZZs. I am not responsible for myself until I can break this addictive, tossing and turning cycle. Tonight I think I'll try chamomile tea.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

R.E.H. said...

I'm not the one responsible for stealing your Z's, I can assure you. I haven't slept much lately myself.

Hopefully you'll find a couple good nights worth of sleep soon, and feel rejuvenated.

Counting seconds to minutes... you must be bored ;)

Tricia said...

I am going to kick myself for signing up for this account...so I can post on your blog. I just know that I am going to start getting junk mail after junk mail. This goes against my instincts, but too late now. ha ha

I have an answer to your problems: First...GET RID OF THE COMPUTER. Then, maybe you won't wake up in the middle of the night...unable to go back to sleep...with an "itch" to surf the net, email, or blog. Combined with a drink, and Whalah! Problem solved.

About your "dirty house"...which it never is, by the way.......Just put on the darkest sunglasses that you can find...then maybe you won't see the specks of dust and matter accumulating on your floor. See...who says I don't know all the answers??

Love, Tricia

Labels